Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today's counsel brought to me by....

.....
"Adjure contra."
*pause*
"What?"
"Adjure contra."
"What does it mean?"
"Say it."
"Adjure contra."
"Very good. It means 'working against'."
He then goes on to tell me about working against my base passions. He includes St. Paul's mentioning he does things he does not want to do. He tells me to work against my base passions which are a brat, "and nobody likes living with a little brat."
He also tells me to, when I am done with my work ... to ask my boss if there is any other work that I can do.
I laugh bitterly and angrily BECAUSE MY SOUL KNOWS HE'S RIGHT AND I HAVE NO WAY TO ARGUE OR MAKE EXCUSES OR NEGOTIATE IN ANYWAY. "Thank you, Father."
.........
"For your penance, say 7 'Glory Be's' for the 7 Dolors."
*squeaked*"Yes, Father!"

Now do your best to make a good Act of Contrition.
"Oh my God, I am heartily sorry[.....]and to amend my life. Amen."
"Alright, go in peace."
"Thank you, Father!"
"You're welcome."
He is least like himself in this Sacrament. He is flawed, but, he is very holy, forgiving, disciplined, human, and saintly. I don't want to say he doesn't take this life seriously, because, clearly he does, otherwise he'd not be in his vocation, but, he does have a sense of humour, especially about himself.
My God, I am heartily sorry for having ever complained about him.

[this post is from months ago, but, I don't know when the date was]

No comments:

Post a Comment